Property Management in Hull
Once we have found suitable tenants for your property, you have the choice of either managing the let yourself, or asking us to do this work on your behalf. Your decision may depend on your circumstances. If you are living abroad, for example, you will probably want to employ us to make certain your property and also the tenants are sufficiently looked whilst you're away.
We have staff dedicated to managing a portfolio of properties already and we take this extremely seriously. As a part of our service we will be,
• Advertising your property to potential tenants
• Sourcing suitable and dependable tenants
• Accompanying potential tenants throughout viewings
• Obtaining references and conducting credit checks on potential tenants
• Providing you with information on the newest safety regulations
• Preparing the latest version of an assured tenancy agreement
• Organising and managing the collection of the tenant's deposit
• Maintain a separate account for tenants deposit and registering it with a Government approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme
• Preparing the inventory and conducting a schedule of condition
• Checking in the tenant and agreeing the inventory and schedule
• Collecting the rent from the tenant by standing order each month
• Transferring the rental income to your account and supplying you with statements of account
• Notify the local authority and service providers of the incoming tenants particulars and provide readings when needed
• Managing and arranging any necessary repairs and liasing with you when needed
• Inspecting the property periodically and feeding back any comments to you
• Providing tenants with Notice at the end of the tenancy
• Re-letting the property as quickly as possible and minimising the time that the property is empty
• Dealing with legal aspects of the tenancy/property, including evictions, non-payment, harassment or other tenancy issues
• Provide you with professional guidance and guidance through the duration of our relationship
One of the most important issues to look for in a managing agent is their professional status. Our membership of the Ombudsman for Estate Agents scheme and also the National Association of Estate Agents outlines our commitment to preserve the best standards whilst offering the extra assurance of a client money protection scheme.
The commission structure for managing your property is available on request and can be adjusted to reflect the amount of work that you wish us to do on your behalf.